It is that time of year again. I love reflecting and making goals for the new year. My goals fall into three categories:
- Production Using my current skills to produce artwork.
- Learning Developing new skills so my future artwork will be better.
- Sketching I see this as a combination of production and learning.
By December 31, 2010, I will have a website that show cases my best illustration work, so I can start seeking illustration assignments in 2011.
- Participate in Illustration Friday every week.
- Participate in the WetCanvas Monthly Portrait Challenge every month.
In addition, I will work through the following self-study books:
- Adobe Photoshop CS4 Classroom in a Book (Complete by 4/30)
- Creative Photoshop CS4: Digital Illustration and Art Techniques (Complete by 9/30)
- Vanishing Point: Perspective for Comics from the Ground Up (Complete by 8/31)
- Color Drawing: Design Drawing Skills for Architects, Landscape Architects, and Interior Designers (Complete by 12/31)
- Watercolor Basics: People (Complete by 4/30)
- Painting People in Watercolor (Complete by 9/30)
- Expressive Portraits: Creative Methods for Painting People (Complete by 12/31)
- The Figure: The Classic Approach to Drawing & Construction (Complete by 12/31)
- Human Anatomy Made Amazingly Simple (Complete by 12/31)
Here are my ideas for filling my sketch books:
- Drawing from life
- Imaginative drawing
- Drawing dreams
- Drawing memories
- Making up stories
- Illustrating journal writing done in the style of Writing Down to the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
- Anatomy studies
- Portrait practice
- Color practice
The photo is our front walk on Christmas morning.