Thursday, May 15, 2008

Illustration Friday - Electricity


For the prompt electricity, I created an electric acrobat. Here is a close up of the acrobat.
I created this piece from imagination. After I drew it, the acrobat reminded me of a Replicant in the movie Blade Runner. Here is my favorite quote from the movie:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die. [Roy Batty, a Replicant in Blade Runner]

Are the Battlestar Galactica Cylons related to Replicants?

8 comments:

Connie said...

I enlarged your 'close-up' to get a better look at your wonderful technique. Such atmosphere; real magic.

E-J said...

This is a really interesting interpretation! Love the luminous effect. And that quote from Blade Runner has to be one of my favourite speeches in any film.

Vhrsti said...

Nice!

studio lolo said...

At first glance I thought it was Tinkerbell :)
Excellent lighting!

INDIGENE said...

This illustration is so soft and illuminated! Wow...this is such an original idea, too! Great job!

www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Jeanette said...

You have such a wonderful imagination. I love coming to see your work.

Laurel Neustadter said...

Thank you for the comments! I appreciate each and every one.

steve said...

Awesome work! And yeah, are the Cylons related to the replicants? Ponderous stuff. :)